Vacancy: Field Coordinator
ForestAction Nepal is accepting applications from qualified candidates for the position of ‘Field Coordinator'. Successful candidate will be working closely with the national coordinator and thematic leaders of the project ‘Enhancing Livelihood from Improved Forest Management in Nepal – EnLiFT2’. EnLiFT2 is a forestry research project with funding assistance from the Government of Australia through the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR). The project builds on the success and lessons of the 5-year project, ‘Enhancing livelihoods and food security from agro- forestry and community forestry in Nepal’, also known as the EnLiFT project. The project is being implemented in Sindhuplachowk and Kavrepalanchowk districts.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the guidance of the national project coordinator and thematic leads, the Researcher is primarily responsible to conduct the following activities in the project.:
- Conduct district and local level action and research activities as outlined in the project document
- Coordinate with district level stakeholders (DFO/AFOs, FECOFUN, FENFIT, Palikas) on overall EnLiFT activities
- Lead, coordinate and mobilise the field staff on overall field level activities at the Palika and CFUG level
- Bridging of field team with thematic leaders
- Provide periodic updates on the progress to the national coordinator and Project Leader
- Liaise with the government agencies, local community groups, and partners to establish better linkage in the project
- Conduct/support in surveys, forest plot measurements, and other silviculture related activities whenever needed
- Carry out proper and timely documentation and analysis of data/information required for processing of project outputs
- Coordinate with the information officer at ForestAction and provide timely and adequate details needed for regular updates in the project website and social media
- Coordinate with partners and stakeholders during any event organized by ForestAction and also share necessary documents
- Collaborates effectively with the project team and stakeholders
- Willing to spend substantive time in the field with frequent travel across the project sites
- Exhibits cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Good inter-personal skills
- Clear communication skills
- Treats all people fairly without bias
- Promotes sharing of knowledge when and wherever needed
- Passion in deeper understanding and writing
Education and experience
- Masters in Forestry, NRM, Development Studies, Environmental Science, or any related field, and at least three years of work experience in the relevant field.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of government agencies, community forestry institutions, NGOs/CBOs, and local communities.
Language requirement and other skills
- Strong command in Nepali and English, both writing and speaking
- Skilled in developing and disseminating communication materials in diverse formats in Nepali and English language
- Excellent translation/transcribing skills (Nepali to English, and vice-versa)
- Good knowledge of computer applications such as word, excel, power point
The duration of the tenure will be upto two years initially with possibility of extension based on performance
Salary will be as per the rules of the organization
The applicants should include the following:
- A cover letter
- Curriculum Vitae (2 pages) with two referees (with their contact address and number)
Interested candidates must submit their updated CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25 September 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
The selection will be solely based on individual'squalification, professional experience and performance of the candidate during the interview.
We do not entertain telephone enquiries.