1. Project Name: Learning From REDD: a global Comparative Analysis.
Project Period: Feb 2011 - Dec 2013
Financial Support: CIFOR
The goal of this project is to provide REDD policy makers and practitioner communities with the information, analysis and tools they need to ensure effective and cost-efficient reduction of carbon emissions with equitable impacts and co-benefits. The project consists of four components i) national REDD initiations (Policy Process and strategies); ii) demonstration activities; iii) monitoring and reference level; and iv) Knowledge sharing. The specific task of the project is to provide country profile, media analysis and policy network analysis.
2. Project Name: Forest and Soil Restoration and Land Use Change Impacts on Carbon Pools and Fluxed in the Himalaya: Research and capacity Building in Nepal.
Project Period: March 2011- Dec 2014
Financial Support: NORAD/KU
The aim of this project is analyze the effects of forest restoration and alternative land use on forest and soil carbon pools, fluxes and sequestrations as well as potentials to support climate change adaptive strategies of rural communities in Nepal.
3. Project Name: Food and Sustainable Agriculture Initiative
Project Period: 1 January 2012 - 31 December 2013
Financial Support: ActionAid Nepal
For the first one and half year, the aim of the initiative was to consolidate ideas and prepare for actions. The Specific sets objectives were as follows:
1) Bring food security and sustainable agriculture into public debate through policy research and alliances building. 2) Strengthen mechanism of knowledge exchange through creating resources centres equipped with datebase, research findings and publications on food and agriculture. 3) Build the capacity of frontline extension worker, socisl mobilisers and innovative faemers on the social, institutional and technical aspects of food security and sustainable agriculture. 4) Strengthen networking and regular sharing among small and marginal farmers.
4. Project Name: Climate Change and Rural Institution
Project Period: 1 January 2012 - 31 December 2015
Financial Support: Danish Institute For International Studies
Overall Objectives of the project are: Improved adption to climate change in rural areas through policy development that stimulates innovation among meso-level institutional actors. Read More
5. project Name: Organising Farmers and Civil Society Organisations for National agriculture Policy Influence
Project Period: 1 April 2013 - 14 April 2014
Financial Support: Oxfam Hong Kong
The specific objectives of the project ares: a) identify, document and analyse field innovations and practical hurdles associated with key b)Engage with policy makers and Stakeholders and facilitate multi-stakeholder dialogue forums at VDCS, Districts and national level c) Inform the wider public on key issues and options through publication and dissemination.
6. Project name: Nepal Community Forestry Program and the United Nations Collaborative PRogramme on Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation in Developing Countries (REDD+): Making Community Forestry Pro-Poor Carbon Sequestration Policy
Project period: March 1, 2012 - June 30, 2014
Financial Support: World Bank/Portland State University
The goal of the project is t support the Bank efforts on poverty alleviation in low-income countries and climate change mitigation within the context of the UN collaborative programme on REDD+. Specifically, the project seeks to influence the national and international policy dialogues related to community-based forest management (CBFM) and REDD+. Read More
7. Project Name: Paying for ecosystem services: Consquences and alternatives (PECA) in Nepal
Project Period: September 2012 - December 2014
Finanacial Support: Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences
The project seeks to understand whether the concept of environmental services and the practices associated with it address both the global public good as well as the wellbeing of those who are entrusted to ensure its provision. Two major activities will be involved in the project: i) a study of how the social field of payment for ecosystem services is constructed at the local level and the social and cultural impacts it has on the communities who are the targets/beneficiaries of the schemes; ii) investigation of alternative forms of ecosystem services management, specifically different kinds of 'eco-agriculture/forestry applications and how this relates to wellbeing and ecosystem services provision.
8. Project Name: Project Analysis of Ecnomic Value and Revenune Generation From Timber in Nepal's Community Forests
Project Period: 1 March 2013 to 31 Dec 2013
Financila Support: Right and Resources
The Objective of the poject is Conduct evidence based policy advocacy to demonstrate the political for poverty alleviation through genarating revenue and creating green jobs thruogh community based enterprises in Nepal's community forest
9. Project Name: REDD+readiness /REDD+ finance in Nepal
Project period: 1 Feb 2013 to 31 July 2013
Financial Support: UNDP/UNREDD
The objective of the project is 1. Evaluate in detail a number of policies and measures that can be implemented to address priority drivers of deforestation in Nepal, building from existing studies on the drivers for deforestation and degradation 2. Identify where and how gaps between the REDD+ policy process and strategies to address drivers can be addressed 3. Propose recommendations that can be used to elaborate the priority policies and measures as part of the REDD+ strategy process 4. Support the REDD cell in the preparation of an efficient, effective and equitable national REDD+ strategy by providing targeted support in a key area of the strategy development process 5. Assess options for the design of an effective, efficient, equitable and results based fund management system for REDD+ finance in Nepal, make recommendations and communicate these in a way that ensures constructive integration into the REDD+ strategy process.
10. Project Name: Multi Stakeholder Forestry Program (MSFP)
Project Period: March 2013 to Feb 2015
Financial Support: SSU (LOT 1)
The objective of the project is 1.Provide strategic direction to the program and support on broader policies and procedures for program implementation 2. Support to linkage among RRN, ForestAction and Multistakeholder Forestry Program in terms of donor's funding policies and development strategies 3. Promote complementarities between MSFP and other RRN implemented projects and programs 4. Ensure effective delivery of project outputs in four districts (Sankhuwasabha, Bhojpur, Tehrathum and Dhankuta) of Nepal